We’re always looking for powerful words, apt phrases, or clever ways to grab the attention of decision-makers.
Here are some we came across recently.
· [Litigation argument, defending an assaultive crime] No one is born ready to fight with another. People have to learn aggression. But if they can learn that, they can also learn its opposite – how to be kind. And kindness comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
· [Disparaging an overly-cocky opposing witness] He once somehow won a Humility Award – but took it back when he started wearing it.
· She was alone in her own head… she was behind enemy lines.
· Do any of us know the mind of God so well that we can decide who’s included and who is excluded from that circle of His love?
· [mitigation comment] Without remembering, there is no healing. Without forgiveness, there is no future.
· Experience is often mentioned as a character builder. That is wrong Experience does not build character, it reveals character.
· Don’t believe everything you think!
· We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
· Any woman who wants to be treated equal to the man definitely lacks ambition.
· Being human is not a character defect.
· Ernest Hemingway said it best – there are five things that can ruin a man: money, power, drink, women, and ambition. These five things can ruin a man… and so can not having them!